News & Events
Up-to-date information about conferences, training sessions, seminars, talks and exhibitions relating to archives and records keeping.
View and search online for Archifacts from 1974
Useful resources to assist members & their wider understanding of information management
A directory of our ARANZ branches, contact information and office holders
ARANZ is an incorporated society, established in 1976, with the aim of promoting the understanding and importance of records and archives in New Zealand. ARANZ is administered nationally by a Council of elected members. Branches are established in Auckland, Canterbury, Central Districts, Otago/Southland, Waikato/Bay of Plenty, and Wellington.
Archivists; record managers; librarians; and other information managers; genealogists; historians; teachers; museum and art gallery curators; religious groups; professional associations; historical societies; businesses; local and central government agencies; and many other interested in the preservation and use of archives and records.
News & Events
ASA #ArchivesAreYou Virtual Workshop - ARANZ members qualify for discounted rate
This workshop will consider how archives can use the principles of trauma-informed practice to provide a better service for all who use and engage with archives. Trauma-informed archival practice enables better connections with those who use archives, facilitates a reimagining about what archives can be for everyone; and challenges current models of archival work. It is aimed at anyone working in archives and across the broader GLAMR sector.
Sole Archivists Day Out
Date: Wednesday 8 June 2022
Time: 9:00am to 3:00pm
The Archives & Records Association of NZ: Central Districts Branch invites you to a day for sole archivists and volunteers who work with our archival heritage in small institutions.
This is your opportunity to tour four archives in Palmerston North and Feilding, view their latest projects and discuss your archival challenges.
For the full programme, click 'Read More' below.
We look forward to meeting you.
Spaces available for 15 people.
Please RSVP to Cindy Lilburn at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Become an ARANZ member
There are many advantages to membership and it is a key way of engaging
with the information management profession and the issues before us.
- Help to preserve New Zealand’s archives and records.
- Keep you informed about current archives and recordkeeping concerns and initiatives.
- Give your concerns a stronger voice through the Association’s submissions and reports.
- Grant you access to an informal ARANZ library.
- Enable you to meet people who share your interest in archives and recordkeeping who can assist with your information needs.
- Enable you to attend branch meetings and seminars.
- Entitle you to receive ARANZ publications.
- Give you discounted registration for ARANZ annual conferences, that provide relevant programmes of high quality.