News & Events
Up-to-date information about conferences, training sessions, seminars, talks and exhibitions relating to archives and records keeping.
View and search online for Archifacts from 1974
Useful resources to assist members & their wider understanding of information management
A directory of our ARANZ branches, contact information and office holders
ARANZ is an incorporated society, established in 1976, with the aim of promoting the understanding and importance of records and archives in New Zealand. ARANZ is administered nationally by a Council of elected members. Branches are established in Auckland, Canterbury, Central Districts, Otago/Southland, Waikato/Bay of Plenty, and Wellington.
Archivists; record managers; librarians; and other information managers; genealogists; historians; teachers; museum and art gallery curators; religious groups; professional associations; historical societies; businesses; local and central government agencies; and many other interested in the preservation and use of archives and records.
News & Events
Postal ballot to modernise voting method for ARANZ constitution changes
Currently, in order to change any aspect of the ARANZ Constitution, a postal ballot is required. This is a costly process and not an environmentally friendly way to seek approval for change. We want to streamline and modernise so that our members can make the most of available technologies to vote in future ballots.
Archifacts update and a message of support to our members with the changed COVID-19 alert levels
A brief update on two items that we want to communicate with you, our members.
Wellington Branch AGM
Date: Tuesday 18 August 2020, 5:30pm to 6:30pm
Cost: Free event.
Become an ARANZ member
There are many advantages to membership and it is a key way of engaging
with the information management profession and the issues before us.
- Help to preserve New Zealand’s archives and records.
- Keep you informed about current archives and recordkeeping concerns and initiatives.
- Give your concerns a stronger voice through the Association’s submissions and reports.
- Grant you access to an informal ARANZ library.
- Enable you to meet people who share your interest in archives and recordkeeping who can assist with your information needs.
- Enable you to attend branch meetings and seminars.
- Entitle you to receive ARANZ publications.
- Give you discounted registration for ARANZ annual conferences, that provide relevant programmes of high quality.