News & Events
Up-to-date information about conferences, training sessions, seminars, talks and exhibitions relating to archives and records keeping.
View and search online for Archifacts from 1974
Useful resources to assist members & their wider understanding of information management
A directory of our ARANZ branches, contact information and office holders
ARANZ is an incorporated society, established in 1976, with the aim of promoting the understanding and importance of records and archives in New Zealand. ARANZ is administered nationally by a Council of elected members. Branches are established in Auckland, Canterbury, Central Districts, Otago/Southland, Waikato/Bay of Plenty, and Wellington.
Archivists; record managers; librarians; and other information managers; genealogists; historians; teachers; museum and art gallery curators; religious groups; professional associations; historical societies; businesses; local and central government agencies; and many other interested in the preservation and use of archives and records.
News & Events
Message from ARANZ President about cancellation of the 2021 ARANZ Conference
After the postponement of the 2020 Conference in Dunedin, the primary question for ARANZ Council early this year was whether to go ahead or to cancel the event. There are a significant number of risks associated with the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, closure of New Zealand’s borders and alternating levels within certain areas of New Zealand. Weighing up these risks, Council has come to the difficult decision to cancel the event for 2021
Waitangi Day Government House Garden Reception 2021
It was a pleasure to see ARANZ taking part in the commemoration of the 181st anniversary in Government House in Wellington. ARANZ was represented by the President, Vic President and, Key Archives Council Member and Queen’s Birthday Honours recipient, Gareth Winters.
Awards event - Ian Wards Prize and Michael Standish Prize
12 noon - 1pm
Thursday 19 November 2020
1st Floor, Lilburn Room
National Library of New Zealand Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa
Corner of Molesworth and Aitken Streets
Become an ARANZ member
There are many advantages to membership and it is a key way of engaging
with the information management profession and the issues before us.
- Help to preserve New Zealand’s archives and records.
- Keep you informed about current archives and recordkeeping concerns and initiatives.
- Give your concerns a stronger voice through the Association’s submissions and reports.
- Grant you access to an informal ARANZ library.
- Enable you to meet people who share your interest in archives and recordkeeping who can assist with your information needs.
- Enable you to attend branch meetings and seminars.
- Entitle you to receive ARANZ publications.
- Give you discounted registration for ARANZ annual conferences, that provide relevant programmes of high quality.