News & Events
Up-to-date information about conferences, training sessions, seminars, talks and exhibitions relating to archives and records keeping.
View and search online for Archifacts from 1974
Useful resources to assist members & their wider understanding of information management
A directory of our ARANZ branches, contact information and office holders
ARANZ is an incorporated society, established in 1976, with the aim of promoting the understanding and importance of records and archives in New Zealand. ARANZ is administered nationally by a Council of elected members. Branches are established in Auckland, Canterbury, Central Districts, Otago/Southland, Waikato/Bay of Plenty, and Wellington.
Archivists; record managers; librarians; and other information managers; genealogists; historians; teachers; museum and art gallery curators; religious groups; professional associations; historical societies; businesses; local and central government agencies; and many other interested in the preservation and use of archives and records.
News & Events
ARANZ Otago/Southland Branch Notice of Annual General Meeting
22 August 2019, Archives New Zealand, Dunedin Office, 556 George Street, Dunedin
ARANZ Wellington Branch Notice of Annual General Meeting
Thursday 8 August 2019, 5.30-6pm
Ground Floor, Poutama Ruma, Archives NZ, Mulgrave St, Wellington.
ARANZ Notice of Annual General Meeting
23 September, 5pm
All are welcome to the AGM held at Wellington City Council Archives, 28 Barker St, Te Aro, Wellington.
Become an ARANZ member
There are many advantages to membership and it is a key way of engaging
with the information management profession and the issues before us.
- Help to preserve New Zealand’s archives and records.
- Keep you informed about current archives and recordkeeping concerns and initiatives.
- Give your concerns a stronger voice through the Association’s submissions and reports.
- Grant you access to an informal ARANZ library.
- Enable you to meet people who share your interest in archives and recordkeeping who can assist with your information needs.
- Enable you to attend branch meetings and seminars.
- Entitle you to receive ARANZ publications.
- Give you discounted registration for ARANZ annual conferences, that provide relevant programmes of high quality.