Type: Fixed Term/Secondment - one year
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Archives New Zealand
Branch: Information and Knowledge Services
Whakapapa is all about recording important information that helps to paint a detailed picture of how life is and how life was, and we make that information available to everyone. We are passionate about this country and the people that call it home.
Archives New Zealand, Te Rua Mahara o te Kāwanatanga sits within the Information and Knowledge Services branch Te Tāhuhu Iringa Kōrero, the Department’s epicentre of information management, culture and heritage. Our branch is all about collecting, storing and preserving important things that are precious to New Zealand.
Archives New Zealand is establishing a team to support our response to the Royal Commission of Inquiry into Historical Abuse in State Care and in the Care of Faith-based institutions.
- Undertake training and induction with virtual team
- Implement business process for providing access
- Provide advice to regulated parties, external and internal stakeholders around records/ archives processes and procedures related to the Royal Commission of Inquiry
- Assist digitisation assistants with end to end process when required
- Provide quality assurance
- Assist with appropriate description
- Understand and manage archival content with dignity and care for confidentiality and mauri
- Raise issues with team leader and/or Senior archivist maintaining a no-surprises approach
- Contribute to a team culture in line with Archives NZ values and principles; paying attention to self-awareness, wellbeing and team relationships
Keys to Success:
- Customer focus
- Continuous improvement
- Teamwork and peer relationships
- Action oriented
- Self-development and learning
- Functional and technical skill
If you want a job where the work you do matters to New Zealand, we would like to hear from you.
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 12 June 2019
For more information please contact: James (Jim) Brown, James.Brown@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.