ARANZ Current Vacancies
If you would like to list a vacancy please contact the ARANZ Webmaster
Workflow and Information Officer
Would you like to take on the challenge to change what we deliver and how we deliver?
The Digitisation Hub is based at the Wellington City Council City Archives and was established to deliver the on-going digitisation of high use content managed by City Archives and City Records. This will support the delivery of more services online and future self-service opportunities for our customers.
If you're ready to embrace the challenge to continue to build solid relationships in a hard-working team, while helping us maintain our excellent service delivery record, we'd love to hear from you.
The Workflow and Information Officer's main responsibilities are the following:
· Retrieve, prepare and digitise paper records to support Council business processes and City Archives' reference services
· Ensure digitised content is classified and stored correctly, and digitisation meets the required quality for permanent retention and future use
· Develop an understanding of the content requested to ensure digitised content is structured the way our customers need to access and use it
· From time to time there may be a requirement to work across other Information Centre teams
We're looking for someone with ideally at least two years' experience in information management and/or digitisation, knowledge and experience in information management and imaging systems and processes, and an excellent customer service ethic!
Apply online, or for more information please contact Adrian Humphris, Team Leader City Archives, email email@example.com, phone 04 801 2093.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 5 January 2018.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site www.careers.wellington.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 16425ARA.
We're looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do - to make our city an even better place to live and work.
Archivist | Kaiatawhai Pūranga
What are we looking for?
• 2 - 5 years’ experience in a video-based production environment is essential
• 1 – 3 years’ experience in a digital production workflow
• Understanding of archival practices, especially audiovisual archives
• Tertiary qualification desirable, with particular emphasis on audiovisual production
• Familiarity with obsolete broadcast and amateur video formats desirable
• Experience in an audiovisual archive desirable
• Awareness of the Treaty of Waitangi and its application to cultural heritage
What is in it for you?
• Working with people who are passionate about what they do and are eager to share their passion and knowledge with others
• Working to preserve and share New Zealand’s audiovisual taonga
• Great opportunities for career progression and professional development
• Exciting projects to get involved in
• An environment that encourages creativity and innovation
For further information or a confidential conversation about this position please contact Louise McCrone, Preservation Manager – Poutaki Ratonga Mahi Tohu, 04 8964822
Applications close at 5pm 10 January 2018.
Archives Assistant - Wellington City Council
City Archives has a focus on customer service, while ensuring we preserve andcare for the archival records we hold. Our on-going work programme is todigitise our collection so we can deliver more services online and offer moreself-service opportunities, while ensuring the original records are cared forand maintained in our facilities in Barker Street
If you're ready to embrace the challenge to continue to build solidrelationships in a hard-working team, while helping us maintain our excellentservice delivery record, we'd love to hear from you.
The Archives Assistant's main responsibility is to provide support functionsand activities to the archivists and City Archives team. This includes:
* Retrieval and re-filing of archives to support internal and public customers
* Listing, boxing, and digitisation of collection items to support our on-goingprogrammes of collection processing and digitisation
* Management of stack areas to ensure efficient and appropriate storage ofarchives, and auditing environmental conditions and use of the stacks
* Coordinating and processing routine records transfers to City Archives
* Administrative tasks such as purchasing supplies, and coordinating buildingmaintenance work
Our ideal candidate would have either formal archive-related qualifications, orequivalent experience in archives management. A broad understanding of digitaltechnologies and imaging practices are a big plus. We a looking for someone whohas an understanding of the special nature of archives and the need for particularsystems and practices to manage them, and an excellent customer service ethic!
For more information please see the job description<https://careers.wellington.govt.nz/jobdetails/ajid/tfgG7/Archives-Assistant,16267.html>,or contact Adrian Humphris, Team Leader City Archives
Applications close 5pm, Tuesday 12 December 2017.
Team Leader | Wellintgton City Archives | Wellington City Council
P 04 803 8123 | M 021 227 8123
E Adrian.Humphris@wcc.govt.nz | W wellington.govt.nz/your-council/archives