The Wellington Branch is particularly active, perhaps not surprisingly given the concentration of recordkeepers in the capital. The Branch usually meets in Archives New Zealand's Training Room at 10 Mulgrave Street.
The New Zealand Royal Commission into Historical Abuse in State Care, Archives, and Recordkeeping - A Special Talk by Belinda Battley
Date: Wednesday 25 July, 2018
Time: 5:30 PM
Where: National Library of New Zealand, Ground Floor
Join us for a special talk by Belinda Battley. She will discuss the work she has been doing to represent the Archives and Records Association of New Zealand as the Government begins work on the Royal Commission into Historical Abuse in State Care. The talk will specifically address the many recordkeeping issues relating to historic and current abuse and the work ARANZ and others hope to do to help people connect with their records.
A brief update of this work can be found here, http://www.
Belinda Battley is in the final stages of her doctorate at Monash University, and has a particular interest in the synergies between records and community, places, events, stories, activities and individual and collective memories. Her research interests relate to participation and rights in recordkeeping and archival processes, the significance of place in recordkeeping, and participatory and grounded research methodologies. Belinda is a member of the ARANZ national council and the reviews editor of Archifacts.
Wellington Branch AGM - 16 August 2017.
End of the year celebration and party!
ARANZ Wellington Branch invites members, friends, and colleagues visiting our city for the RAILS and InterPARES conferences to an end of the year holiday celebration and PARTY. All are welcome!
Details below and here:
Thursday, December 8, 2016, 5pm-8pm
Backbencher Pub and Cafe, Upstairs
34 Molesworth St. (corner of Molesworth and Kate Sheppard Place) Thorndon
$10 to cover food (pay at door)
Good Food, Good Fun, Good Friends and Colleagues
Please rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org
Branch Committee 2016-2017
|Committee Members:||Kirsty Cox|
AGM Minutes and Reports
Wellington Branch AGM 2016 (PDF, 43KB)
Previous Minutes and Reports are available in ARANZ Archive
Branch AGM, 11 August 2016
Notice is hereby given that the Wellington Branch of Archives and Records Association of New Zealand, will hold its Annual General Meeting (AGM) at:
Archives New Zealand, Poutama Ruma,
Ground Floor, Mulgrave St, Wellington
Thursday, 11 August 2016, 5:30 pm to approximately 5.50pm
- Welcome by Chair (Jessica Moran)
- Notification of Members' Apologies
- Approval of Minutes of Annual General Meeting 2015
- Committee Report (Jessica Moran)
- Treasurer's Report (Jeremy Cauchi)
- Election of Officers (Mark Crookston)
- Other business
The AGM will be followed by time for some brief refreshments before a series of short talks from 6.10 – 7pm providing updates on a range of different activities across the branch.
Archives and Records Update from around Wellington
Brief talks on initiatives undertaken by members during the year, featuring:
- Kerri Siatiras: The Mezzanine Meetings
- Jonathan Knox: Archival Internships
- Elizabeth Charlton: Digital Archive Research
- Sue Hirst: The J.C. Beaglehole Room
- Toni Thompson: The WCC Digital Hub
- Donald Gregory: Te Rōpū Whakahau
- and others to be announced.
We will then adjourn to the Thistle Inn for further refreshments.
International Perspectives on Records and Information Management
Tuesday May 10 2016. 2 - 5pm
In the week of May 9, Wellington is hosting a range of international recordkeeping and information management experts, for the International Standards Organisation (ISO/TC 46 SC 11) committee and working groups on records and archives management.ARANZ is delighted to collaborate with GOVIS and with ISO SC11 to invite the Wellington records and information management community to engage in dialogue with a selection of experts from around the world.For more information about this event, please see the draft programme.
Wellington Branch Christmas Party
The ARANZ Wellington Branch committee will host a Christmas Party on December 2, at Ngā Taonga Sound and Vision, and invite you to come along and share some time with your colleagues.
We're really excited to be able to provide such a nice inner city venue for you.
Please rsvp to email@example.com
- 5.15: Start with drinks. The bar will be open and we've arranged a couple of cheap deals for our event.
- 6pm: 20 minute presentation in the cinema (with moving image) on film preservation from Ngā Taonga.
- 6.30pm: Back to the foyer for more drinks and some catered platters of food. Note: We will probably share this space a little with a few people who will come to the public 7pm screening in the cinema, which is coincidently related to the Turnbull exhibition at the moment.http://www.ngataonga.org.nz/now-showing/to-love-a-maori/view/2015-12-02
- 7pm- 7.30ish: We stay in Foyer, drinking, laughing, snacking, and having a real good time, while the public, and any of our folk who want to, go into the cinema for the public screening.
Cover charge: $10. To cover catering and the small venue hire charge.
We have also invited our colleagues at the NZ Conservators of Cultural Material to join us. So we'll get to mingle and introduce ourselves to some conservators as well!
We hope to see you there to catch up, and share your stories on how the year has gone for you.
Note, you don't have to be a current member to come along. Family, friends, and colleagues who are thinking of joining are all welcome.